Wednesday, April 18, 2007

"Why We Are Drawn To Tragedy"

I haven't been able to read this whole article yet but I'm very intrigued by it. I'm one of those people that feel like they just have to watch the bad things that are going on. I watch in horror, and I cry, and I just take it all in. I feel my whole body tense up and I'm just filled with unbelievable sadness for these people and all they're going thru.

Of course right now it's the VTech Shooting. I've actually been trying not to watch much of it. I've read a bit on the internet and Garry had something about it on last nite for a few minutes-I was crying within seconds. This time it's different for me, I'm not just sad and shocked that someone can do something so horrible, but I'm filled with anxiety. I feel shaky all over and my insides feel fluttery and empty but twisted and heavy at the same time.

Maybe having kids has changed how I react. I can't even fathom having my kids in school and seeing on the internt/tv that there's been a shooting.

Ok, my mind is starting to fall apart, I have to go do something else and try not to think about this for a while. I've attached the article I was talking about, and a pic of the kids just becuz.



http://lifestyle.sympatico.msn.ca/Why+You+Cant+Turn+Away/BodyandMind/ContentPosting.aspx?isfa=1&newsitemid=35382&feedname=RODALE-MENHEALTH&show=False&number=0&showbyline=True&subtitle=&detect=&abc=abc



6 comments:

Jeff & Stephanie said...

Yes, it is totally horrible! I have tried not to watch it as well because it is so sickening!!

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.

Anonymous said...

Good post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

i without a doubt adore your posting choice, very unique.
don't give up as well as keep creating because it simply just good worth to follow it,
excited to find out much of your stories, thanks ;)

Anonymous said...


I blog frequently and I really thank you for your content. The article has truly peaked my interest. I'm going to take a note of your blog and keep checking for new information about once a week. I opted in for your Feed too.

 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios