Keeping grounded

There are a few things I know will keep me grounded, this is one of them:

http://cfhusband.blogspot.com/

If you have a minute check out this blog. It is written by a man named Nate about his experience being a husband to a wonderful woman named Tricia who has CF and their baby daughter who was born 15+ weeks early...who are both doing wonderful right now I might add. He writes wonderfully and their journey is an amazing one.

When I'm having a bad day all I have to do is think of them and other families that have had the worry of having a child born too early. I can't imagine how stressful and scary that must be to have a child in the NICU, not knowing what's going to happen.

I also think about how long it took for us to have a successful pregnancy. Trying for a year and 2 miscarriages...so painful. I was just under 7 weeks pregnant for both, the second one really knocked me off my feet. The first time was awful, but I was told and read so much that said having a miscarriage with your first pregnancy was very common so I think the second time I was really hopeful. I thought that just maybe everything would ok this time so when I lost the baby it just killed me. I didn't want to get out of bed, I didn't want to leave the house. The pain cut in so deep that I didn't know how to leave it behind. Then I was caught in the middle of wanting to try again but being so terrified of losing another baby. So when I did get pregnant the third (and successful) time I was very guarded at first, I didn't let myself get too excited right away. We got an ultra sound at 7 weeks and everything was fine, at that point I let myself start feel good about it.

So the days that the kids are driving me absolutely crazy I let myself think of that pain, just briefly. I think of those days of feeling like I might never have a child and how blessed I would feel when I did. And I do feel blessed, and I try to remember that every day.

Comments

Kristin said…
Thanks for the great reminder that life is too precious to get upset about the small stuff. As of mom of twins myself, I understand the easy frustration.
Leslie said…
IM going to have to check out his blog!!! We are all sooo blessed!!

Blessings,Leslie

Popular Posts