Music is Healing

Carly has started a "music class" blog post, check it out here:

http://carlymarieprojectheal.com/2011/08/the-project-heal-music-class-week-one.html

A way for babyloss parents to share the music that is important to them. Music has ALWAYS been huge for me. I use it to work thru everything in my life, from happiness to sadness. Music says so much that I could never say myself.
I love most kinds of music, if it has lyrics that speak to me or a good beat. Music is just wonderful for life. I don't play any instruments or sing...well I sing, but only when no one is around to hear me! lol.

There are a couple songs that are really special to me. The first one is called "The Blood of Cuchulainn. It's instrumental and I don't know why this song gets to me, but I could sob whenever I hear it. I just FEEL Ireland in it, I can't explain it. If you listen to it, the part from 1:17 to 1:35 is my favorite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuC1DqC67GM

The other song I'll share is called Ireland and it's by Garth Brooks. It's actually about war but there are a few lyrics that are just perfect, and of course hearing anything with your child's name is always beautiful. My favorite lyrics of the song are:
"Her eyes are the stars in heaven, watching o'ver us all the while
And her heart it is in Ireland, deep within the emerald isle"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOUiboOsUwU


Comments

Jolene said…
I listened to both of your songs and they are both beautiful. "The Blood of Cuchulainn" was such a powerful song. I think because there are no lyrics, you focus more on the music, and it really had my heart racing...wow. Thanks for sharing.

Popular Posts